What’s so special about Paris? Why do you like a city where you can easily be clamped between the doors of a metro. I like Chanel no. 5, why do you like the smell of sewerage and exhaust fumes? Why do you want to ride a bicycle between the crazy traffic people of Paris? Are you ever gonna get tired of Paris?
When you are going to bed on time, or give your pet a shower.. I’m just being my weird self trying to give every Paris lover a place to hang out. A place to get some information and to be entertained. Just like a live concert, but without the fireworks (I do can take of a false singing voice).
In this posts I’ll give you the 5 answers to the questions above. Here we go:
1. I can’t tell you exactly what’s so special about Paris, because it remains a personal opinion. I do can show you a lot of things on my blog that will show you that Paris is more than a big city with an Eiffel tower. Things are happening. It doesn’t matter if you don’t see that stuff automatically, I’ll teach you. Trust me, everyone has a little Parsien(ne) inside ;)
2. That about ”being clamped between the doors of a metro” isn’t true. You have plenty of time to get in! Ofcourse you can be clamped between the doors of a metro if you keep your eyes closed or if you don’t want to wait a whole minute till the next metro arrives…Yes, also a metro is full at one point, don’t push yourself in there.
3. If Chanel ever wants to create a perfume that smells like sewerage and exhaust fumes, I wouldn’t buy it. But we have to admit that those kind of smells belong to the metro stations of Paris. When I arrive at Gare-du-Nord and take the first metro to my hotel, it feels immediately like home. A priceless smell and feeling that I wouldn’t trade for anything.
4. Cycling in Paris is amazing. I’m not saying that because I’m from the Netherlands and earlier could ride a bike than could walk, but because Paris has a lot of cycling roads. You can discover a lot more on a bicycle. Always remember that the traffic on your right has right of way and don’t be afraid to ring your bell like a Christmas song. Remember those two points and everything will be fine.
5. I don’t think I ever get tired of Paris. Every time I’m there I discover new places and every time I have to leave, I wonder when I will be back again. Sticky notes with stuff about Paris are everywhere in my room. So many interesting artworks I still have to see, enough shopping stores to go wild and leave Paris with an empty wallet, important history pieces at every corner of the street (next to the corn sellers), countless sights and way too many delicious restaurants. You can not convince me that it will ever get bored!
If you got more questions about me and my obsession for Paris, go to my Twitter account. I’ll try to give you as many reasons as I can about why Paris never gets me tired! Hope to see you there!
Sweet dreams everyone or a really good morning ♥